Sri Lanka Association of Professional Conference, Exhibition & Event Organisers (SLAPCEO) was established in 2002 with a view of developing the MICE industry in Sri Lanka,
Today SLAPCEO is the only association in Sri Lanka that represents the Mice industry and the only recognized body by the Conventions bureau of Sri Lanka. SLAPCEO follows a stringent process in selecting its membership to ensure a high degree of professionalism is maintained within the society and same is passed on to the betterment of the industry.
Some of the Key Objectives and services of SLAPCEO are as follows
- To foster the development of professional meetings, conventions, seminars and exhibitions and events of the MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions) industry in Sri Lanka.
- To work in close liaison with all Government Ministries, Authorities and Departments and particularly with Sri Lanka Convention Bureau (SLCB), Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau, as well as Sri Lankan Airlines Limited and all other Airlines, Hoteliers, Convention organizers, Event Organizers, Equipment providers, Venue providers, Service providers, Members of the Travel and Tourism Industry of Sri Lanka and allied organizations, as well as stakeholders of the MICE industry for the achievement of the objects referred to above
- To take such steps as are deemed necessary to promote and protect the interests of its varied types of members, non-members and stakeholders associated with the MICE industry
- To liaise with local and international bodies for MICE Tourism
- To encourage MICE tourist traffic between Sri Lanka and other countries and vice versa
- Organize and hold meetings, incentive travel, conferences, congresses, conventions, lectures, seminars, exhibitions, events, workshops and forums for any purpose and of all types of descriptions
- Provide advisory services on all matters relating to writing, editing, publishing and printing of marketing material in any form
- To affiliate with any institutions local and foreign, with similar aims and objectives
- To sponsor scholarship, studentship and fellowship programs on its own or In collaboration with other local and/or foreign institutions or truism
- To develop, offer and conduct professional and other training courses and sessions for its members, non-members and stakeholders
- To involve in any capacity in infrastructure development for the furtherance of the MICE industry